Great to see so many turn out for yesterday’s sprint distance event at Lake Alexander. I’m sure you will all agree that the transition & finish area looked a treat!
A big thank you to our RD team of Bec & Tim Ellison on their effort to put this event together for us to enjoy. Thanks also to the many volunteers who assisted on the day. We couldn’t go ahead without our members willingness to help out with RD, registration, water stops, timing, fruit/ice, marshalling etc together with all those who pitch in to assist with setting up and packing away.
1. Sprint Triathlon, Lake Alexander 750m swim, 26km bike, 5km run
Male: Tim Green 1.06.52 Female: Hannah Johnston 1.17.10
Results not yet available.
2. Ironman 70.3 Port Macquarie, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run
Male: Josh Amberger 3.56.48 Female: Lisa Marangon 4.30.19
Grant Preddy 18th M25-29 4.53.33
Nathan Dwyer M35-39 dnf
3. National Aquathlon Championships, Yarrawonga 2.5km run, 1km swim, 2.5km run
Male: Aaron Royle 32.30 Female: Sam Bennett 39.13
4. Victorian Olympic Distance Championships, Yarrawonga, 1.5km swim, 40km bike, 10km run
Male: Aaron Royle 1.49.51 Female: Jenny Zenker 2.02.15
Sunday 4 November 2013
250m swim, 5km bike, 1km run x 3
Race Director: Rob Brooks
Registration: Stephen Blake / Lorna Blake
Timekeeping: Pam Cameron / Simon Wiese
Fruit / Ice: John Thyne
FOR SALE / WANTED ETC:
1. FOR SALE: Club design tri gear order now open here. Our last order prior to Christmas, we are offering M&F trisuits; M&F tri shorts; M&F tri singlets; M&F cycling tops; M swimmers, caps & visors.
Order closes 5pm tomorrow.
2. WANTED TO BUY: Second hand Windtrainer . $100 to $300. Contact Gary 0401 148 670
3. FOUND: At lake yesterday a pair of black/white/red cycling gloves. Contact John 0408 052 080
4. HOUSE SITTER WANTED: 2-3 BR, 2.5 Brm fully furnished townhouse in Fannie Bay triathlete heaven location. Reduced rental in exchange for minimal house-minding for approx 12 weeks from early Dec. Contact Graeme 0419 427 012
5. FOR SALE: Ladies 52cm Orbea aqua road bike, shimano 105, carbon forks - $500; Ladies XS Zoot wetsuit, very good condition $50; Bontranger MTB shoes, size 43 as new $50; Contact Nic 0402 838 152
6. Items for next E News by Sunday 8pm please.
1. Our junior members will be in action at Lake Alexander next Sunday (7.30am 27 Oct 13).
2. There will be distances appropriate for all ages.
1. The rollout of timing chips continues. At last meeting committee opted to continue to provide each member with a timing chip. Replacement cost for lost chips will be $15.
2. Once all glitches have been removed from our system, we will move to a “no chip, no time recorded” policy.
3. Our equipment audit & amnesty is well underway. We would ask that all tri club equipment be returned asap. If you have any equipment or know of the whereabouts of any of our club gear please email here
4. We have a club design tri gear order currently in progress. The order closes tomorrow at 5pm. Don’t miss out.
5. All policies and procedures are currently being reviewed.
6. In a move which will assist our volunteer Race Directors, all courses are now being sanctioned over standard courses. Volunteers will know exactly where the course goes, where to position signs etc.
7. If you shop at AMart don’t forget to sign up for Team AMart using Darwin Triathlon Club as your nominated club. A percentage of your purchases will come back to the club. Thank you to those already registered.
1. Geri Ford departs tomorrow for Hawaii where she will take part in XTERRA World Championships on the island of Maui. Good luck Geri!
2. Good to have Kylie Gaffel, Libby & Daniel Culgan among those making a return to racing yesterday.
3. Marcus Lisle, fresh from his Kona experience also made an appearance. The fast & furious pace a big change from his last event.
4. Our very popular enduro is next on our calendar. Great for a brain workout as well as a thorough physical workout. The enduro is short, sharp and lots of fun.
5. Junior members are making the most of development opportunities currently being offered by Triathlon NT. More details here.
6. Did you catch the coverage of Ironman World Championships, Hawaii on Channel 7 yesterday? It was certainly a departure from the usual coverage but still with some great footage of the course.
Darwin Triathlon Club