We had a great turnout and the absolute best conditions for our Off Road Triathlon on Sunday. It was perhaps the driest the single track has ever been for us!
A huge thank you to RD Emma Winterflood (assisted by course architects Aaron Caden, Nic French and Luke Fronsco) for bringing us this very popular event.
Thanks also to all our other volunteers including those who jumped in to lend a hand with set up and packing away. We also give a shout out to the Blue Cycles NT team who were spotted everywhere helping out.
Thanks to you all for making this popular event a huge success!
We are appealing to all members to ensure they use the correct club membership number (starts with DAR and is issued at time of joining up & is also listed on your TA card) and also that you give the correct chip number when entering events. Not too hard, surely??
Also note that for the timing system to record your splits you need to actually go over the timing mats not around them. A number of you missed out on splits at the weekend due to missed mats.
1. Off Road Triathlon, 300m swim, 15km mtb, 4km run
Male: Matt Hubber Female: Jac Crofton
Results posted here.
2. Ironman 70.3 Geelong, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run
Male: Craig Alexander 3:46:26 Female: Liz Blatchford 4:19:34
Dan Revie 116th M35-39 5:56:51
Sunday 22 February 2015
Off Road Triathlon #2
300m swim, 15km mtb, 4km run
Online Entry open here.
Race Director: Aaron Caden | Emma Winterflood
Registration: Rena Walker | Vicki Woodrow
Fruit | Ice: Tori Sherrock
1. Please help our already busy volunteers by ensuring you enter using your correct club DAR number and your correct timing chip number.
Our next junior event is being held this Saturday 14 February 2015, 4pm at the velodrome. Multiple events to suit all ages and distances. Sausage sizzle also.
Are you new to Triathlon? Interested in learning more about setting up for a race, getting on and off your bike, what to wear or want some transition practice?
Then come along to an Introduction to Triathlon session this weekend.
Date: Sunday 15 Feb 15
Location: Carpark end of Lake Alexander
Time: 5.30 – 6.30pm
Bring: Your bike (mountain or road bike), helmet, running shoes, swimmer/racing gear and goggles
Cost: No charge
Registration: Contact John Thyne and let him know you are coming along on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0423 797 401
TRY A TRI OPPORTUNITIES:
1. Good news for those wishing to try a tri before they join Darwin Triathlon Club – our short options (300m swim, 13km bike, 3km run) of Race 1 & 2 of our Sprint Series will include a “Come and Tri” category open to non-members.
TRI GEAR ORDERS:
1. Have been dispatched. Email with collection details will be sent when delivery is received. Thank you for your patience.
1. Are you ready? Not long now until our Sprint Series gets underway. Race #1 is Sunday 1 March 2015, Race #2 Sunday 22 March and Race #3 is incorporated in the Ray White NT Sprint Distance Championships hosted by Triathlon NT and scheduled for Sunday 12 April 2015.
2. Great to see club member Korgan Hucent of Ray White Bayside is again sponsoring Race #3 and is also part of Triathlon Australia’s national sprint series.
3. Congratulations to Damien Brown and Lizzy Grylls on the recent arrival of their second tri baby. Lucy is a little sister for Felix. All well.
4. Good to see Dingo Hall back tri-ing. Been far too long.
5. We have a couple of volunteer vacancies on our events roster. Please check here and email if you can help out at any of the events indicated.
6. Some people have mentioned they would be happy to be Race Director but they wouldn’t feel comfortable doing the race brief. That’s OK, if we know in advance we can always arrange for someone else to conduct the actual brief.
7. Happy training!
Darwin Triathlon Club