We have another very busy weekend coming up with Anzac Day on Saturday and our Duathlon taking place on Sunday morning out at Dripstone Park.
With our Triathlete of the Year pointscore still wide open across the various age groups, we expect to see another good roll up for this event.
Our timing for the duathlon is just perfect with dragon flies, smoke and cooler conditions signally the start of the dry season!
Sunday 26 April 2015
Dripstone Park, Casuarina Beach, Daribah Road
7am (check in closes 6:45am)
6km run, 20km bike, 3km run
Race Director: Ron Griep
Registration: Gayle Viney | Alan Barrett
Fruit | Ice: Melissa Lind
Online entry now open here.
Blue Cycles NT will be on site helping out at our event.
1. We are looking for a volunteer RD for the club championships and also for various other spots at our upcoming events. We have always had a fantastic volunteer culture within the club which benefits all members, so let’s keep that happening!
2. Anyone putting up their hand up for role of RD will be provided with plenty of assistance and race briefings can be handled by others if you prefer. All sanctioning & permits are already completed.
3. We urge you to check the Events Calendar and if you can fill any of the vacant roles please email.
FOR SALE | WANTED | ETC:
1. FOUND: Pump at NT Sprint Contact Robyn 0448 206 121
2. A number of new listings &/or price reductions on DARWIN TRI – BUY | SWAP | SELL Facebook page.
3. Items for next E News by Monday 8pm please.
Behind the scenes your committee is busy:
1. finalising purchase of new improved bike racks.
2. sourcing a new trailer suitable to our specific event needs.
3. overhauling our constitution.
4. finalising guidelines for opportunities for those individuals and/or businesses expressing an interest in supporting a club event or series in 2015/2016. Sponsorship guidelines will be posted to our website soon.
5. confirming date for Kerran Mudgway Memorial Club Championships – Sunday 10 May 2015 at Lake Alexander. Traffic management will be in place.
6. planning for our annual presentation dinner.
7. designing a casual club tshirt (watch this space).
Darwin Triathlon Club