Do hope those of you in Darwin & surrounds have all now had your power restored. It was certainly a long hot fan less time. On the positive side, it was an ideal time to check the cyclone kit without a actually having a cyclone.
With many not able to go to work, some have taken the opportunity to get runs & rides done early, good on you!!
On Sunday, we were happy the midges and mozzies stayed away and many of you came out to play for Race 1 of our annual Sprint Series held at Lake Alexander. Perfect conditions.
It was great to see some members taking part in a sprint distance for the first time and by the smiles on faces at the finish, they felt pretty amazing about their achievement.
A big shout out to volunteer Race Director Brian Gallagher and to those who pitched in on the morning to put on such a great event for our members. Thanks also to Blue Cycles who were on hand to assist with any mechanical problems.
On volunteers, we still have a couple of events coming up that need someone to step up as RD if these events are to go ahead.
The sanctioning has been done, the courses are set and there are RD instructions to help you check list the requirements of the day.
Feel like giving back to the club? Check our calendar and see positions available & let us know if you can help out.
The majority of the behind the scenes work of our club is done by a few & they need your help. If some of our more experienced members could give up just one race a season to take up the RD role, we can continue to bring you the number of events we do. Pretty sure we just needed to ask and will soon be inundated with responses here.
1. Race 1 Sprint Series, 750m swim, 26 km ride, 5km run
Male: Brett Verity 1.10.20 Female: Stef Puszka 1.17.07
Full results posted to website.
2. Wollongong Triathlon, 1.5km swim, 40km bike, 10km run
Male: James Davy 1.54.15 Female: Sarah Fletcher 2.15.45
Julia Gaudin 23rd F25-29 2.55.51
Sunday 23 March 2014
Race #2 Sprint Series
750m swim, 26km bike, 5km run
Race Director: Tony Cox
Check In: Alex Wetten | Hannah Johnstone
Fruit | Ice: Clare Labowitch
1. Entry now open online here.
2. Entry closes midday Friday 21 March 2014.
CAN YOU HELP?
1. Triathlon NT is seeking volunteers for Ray White Sprint Distance (Sun 6 April). They require 2 x cycle course marshalls and 2 x aid station volunteers. If you can assist please email EO Triathlon NT.
FOR SALE | WANTED | ETC:
1. WANTED: Second-hand travel bag with wheels for bicycle (soft or hard case). Contact Billy 0410 330 177
2. FOR SALE: Timex Heart Rate Monitor, new, boxed. $100 ono Contact Robyn 0448 206 121
3. FOR SALE: Renae McGarvie’s Tour de Cure major fundraiser lunch is on Saturday 22 March 14 from 11.30am at Cazaly's Palmerston. $60 for buffet lunch, awesome prizes, auction and entertainment. Tickets can be purchased here.
4. Items for next E News by Sunday 9pm please.
1. We wish Jason Cook a speedy recovery from recent surgery. A teeny weeny spider bite bought super fitness to its knees.
2. Also on the injured list, local legend Robbie Weatherald. Rob is scheduled to go under the knife real soon and we likewise wish him a speedy rehabilitation.
3. Among those heading interstate this weekend to compete at Challenge Bateman’s Bay are Heath Porter, Tim Green and Stef Puszka along with Pam Cameron who is teaming up. Good luck.
4. There are a few members currently experiencing the Ironman one and a half week out blues. They are at the point where they just want it to be over. It will be here soon, real soon!
5. Congratulations to Adam & Anna Hartley on the arrival of their baby boy, Felix. Born on Thursday Felix weighed in at a healthy 3.8kg and measured 54.5cm.
Darwin Triathlon Club