Well done to all our members who competed in the Ray White Bayside NT Sprint Triathlon and the junior events at the weekend.
There is no doubt this event just keeps on getting better and better every year.
We thank club member Korgan Hucent and the team at Ray White Bayside for their continued support of this Triathlon NT event, which also acts as Race #3 of our Sprint Series.
An added bonus, the post race bbq provided by Loan Market Bayside was a huge hit.
Also a loud shout out to Triathlon NT’s event committee headed up by Ange Castle, the RD (TNT President James Geddes), the junior development team guided by Tim Ellison, the Blue Cycles NT crew who were on hand to help out and to all the many wonderful volunteers who worked their butts off on Saturday. Congrats to you all on an amazing Super Saturday of Tri.
1. Ray White Bayside NT Sprint Distance C’ships, 750m swim, 20km bike, 5km run
Male: Brett Verity 59:44 Female: Ali Fitch 1:03:57
Age Group Champions:
20-24: Jeffrey Robbins | Rachel McLean
25-29: Matt King | Hannah Johnston
30-34: Steve Goat | Catherine Hood
35-39: Jamie Baldwin | Kimberley Baldwin
40-44: Martin Todd | Shellie Ratahi
45-49: Andrew Hardy | Tara Worby
50-54: Tony Cox | Jo Duncan
55-59: Rob Weatherald | Vicki Woodrow
60-64: David Hancock |
65-59: Daryl Stanley |
2. NT Junior Triathlon Championships
Carter Brearley ITU Youth M12-15 3rd
Matt Ellison ITU Youth M16-19 3rd
Bella Hatty ITU Youth F16-19 2nd
3. Buffalo Stampede 26er (32.7km)
Kathryn Fuller 26th F Open 5:59:25
Tori Sherrock 19th F Vet1 6:53:53
4. Buffalo Stampede 42km
Kia King 19th F Open 7:34:16
Sunday 26 April 2015
Casuarina Beach, Daribah Road park in 1st Car Park
6km run, 20km bike, 3km run
Race Director: Volunteer Required
Registration: Gayle Viney | Alan Barrett
Fruit | Ice: Melissa Lind
Online entry opening shortly – check website.
1. We are looking for RD for the duathlon and also for our next couple of events. Unless we can get those spots filled the committee will have to consider event cancellations.
2. Anyone putting up their hand up for role of RD will be provided with plenty of assistance and race briefings can be handled by others if you prefer. All sanctioning & permits are already completed.
3. We urge you to check the Events Calendar and if you can fill any of the vacant roles please email
4. Please amaze us with your enthusiastic responses to this urgent call out!!
FOR SALE | WANTED | ETC:
1. FOUND: Pump at event on Sunday Contact Robyn 0448 206 121
2. WANTED: Someone who would be willing to loan/lease a kayak for lead up training and racing in the Katherine Ultra. Contact Hels 0416 940 405
3. A number of new listings on DARWIN TRI – BUY | SWAP | SELL Facebook page.
4. Items for next E News by Monday 8pm please.
1. Ray White Bayside NT Sprint was the final selection points event for the Triathlon Australia Age Group Team for ITU World Sprint Triathlon C’ships being held in Chicago (15-20 Sept).
2. If you are interested in representing the green and gold, you may wish to consider submitting an expression of interest for inclusion in the team. With 20 selected in each age category you still have a good chance of making an overseas team, even with one event. Interested? Read the Selection Criteria. EOI close Friday 17 April 2015.
3. Our club membership runs through to 30 June 2015. Heads up that TA membership system auto renews you on that date unless you indicated otherwise. Not sure if you unchecked auto renew when you signed up? Log into your membership record and have a look.
4. Farewells Adam Hartley and family are on the move, we wish them all the best.
5. Good to have Dave Glass back from WA for the NT Sprint.
6. In case you missed it: NT News 14 April 2015
7. Moira Wigley blitzed it at recent Aust Masters Swimming national championships. Moi came home with 3 bronze and one silver medal and chalked up 4 x fourth place results.
9. Notice of bike path closure: To allow for works to continue on the Stuart Highway/Temple Terrace intersection upgrade and maintain a safe access route for cyclists, a detour has been put in place as of 14 April 2015. The cycle path detour is fully sealed and located approximately 50m further back from the Stuart Highway. It will allow cyclists to continue to travel the same route, without travelling close to the construction site. It is anticipated that the detour will remain in place for the duration of the project.
10. In case you missed it: Short trips are bikeable
11. Pointscore updated.
Darwin Triathlon Club