Hope you have had
or are still enjoying your long weekend!
Looking ahead, we have our Kerran
Mudgway Memorial Club C'ships taking place this weekend.
Given that it's "down the track" a bit and a Saturday arvo event,
we would like to encourage you all to get your entries in early (this
evening would be great) so that we can work out the various logistics of
getting enough gear down there.
We are also looking for a couple more volunteers, so if you can help out on
the day at the bike or run turnaround, or in transition, we would love to
hear from you.
Masters Games Triathlon, 1.5km swim, 40km bike, 10km run Jo Duncan
7th F55-59 2:53:58'
2. Puffing Billy Great Train Race, 13.5km Rosie Sullivan
1:17:29 Louise Ogden
Kerran Mudgway Memorial Club Championships
Lake Bennett Resort
Saturday 6 May 2017
4:30pm (check in closes 4:15pm sharp)
1km swim | 30km bike | 8km run
short option 500m swim | 15km bike | 4km run
Race Director: Lisa
Sanderson | Clare
Fruit | Ice: Tatiane Kelly
1. If you are driving down on the day and not staying at the Resort
please drive past the gates and park off road on the right hand side.
Please do not park on either side of the road before the resort gates
as this is part of the bike course.
2. Remember to bring snacks, water etc. The bore water used
down there is not the tastiest. We transport water down for use on aid
stations. Please ensure you bring enough water to fill your water
bottles for the bike leg. There is a small koisk shop at the resort
with limited stock.
3. If you are wanting to eat at the Resort after the event, suggest
you make a table booking on 8976 0960.
4. Please note all Lake users other than competitors, are now
required to wear life jackets. There is also a $5 insurance fee
charged for Lake use. Those staying at the Resort have this covered
in their accommodation, and we will be providing a list of our competitors
and covering this on their behalf. Any other day users will need to
attend Reception and organise this individually.
5. There are various accommodation options (including camping, dorm,
and resort rooms) available at Lake Bennett
Resort if you are wanting to stay down and enjoy
6. We still
require assistance at this, the major club event of the year. If you
are bringing anyone down who can help out please email firstname.lastname@example.org
1. We've recently had Ron Griep and John Cowie
turn in their timing chips. Both are heading off for further life
adventures and we wish them well and thank them for their willingness to
volunteer to assist the club. Thanks Guys!
2. Among those heading off to WA for Ironman 70.3 Busselton are Leanne Fidler,
Bland and Jamie
Baldwin is on the start list as well. Good luck!
3. And heading in the opposite direction to Port Macquarie for Ironman
Australia next weekend we have Kerri
Thomas and Matt
Bishop. Good luck!
4. Good luck & smooth water wishes also to those heading to
WA for the Lake Argyle Swim.
5. The lucky winner of our free entry to Ironman 70.3 Cairns - Moira Wigley
6. Do remember to set up an Ironman profile and add Darwin Triathlon
Club as your club, as we get kickbacks from the program eg. a free entry
and these are set to increase! As these get passed back to our
members in is in your interests that we encourage you to do this.
7. The Waterfront Lagoon has reopened.
8. Entry for Australian Masters Athletics on the June long weekend
9. It's officially Dry Season today. That also means increased
traffic on our roads, so do take care out there and dress to be seen
if you are riding or running early morning or late arvo.
10. Noticed Elliott
Bolitho among those who set a PB at Parkrun last Saturday.
The cooler mornings have been most welcome by all out training.
11. NT Standard Distance (28 May 17) entry is now open here.
12. Reminder that new members signing up now are able to compete this
Saturday &/or at the NT Standard Distance (or either of the short
options available) and membership will be valid until 30 June 2018.
Sign up online here,
choose "Club Membership" option and "Darwin Triathlon
Club" at the appropriate point in the process.
PIC OF THE WEEK:
Our tri kids are always
willing helpers, but we do need a few more adults
for this weekend. Email email@example.com
if you (your partner or your mates) can help.