May 12 to 18 is National Volunteer Week and Volunteering Australia is celebrating its 25th anniversary.
All volunteers are important and we want to highlight that, for us, they truly are the backbone of Darwin Triathlon Club and with them we are able to stage the awesome events enjoyed by all our members.
The committee would like to take the opportunity to thank those wonderful volunteers out there who give up their time to assist during the season.
Volunteer culture has always been strong at our club and we feel sure that will continue into the future. It’s just the way we are!
1. 2014 Chengdu ITU Triathlon World Cup, 1.5km swim, 40km bike, 10km run
Male: Wian Sullwald 1.48.47 Female: Gilliam Backhouse 2.01.04
2. Kerran Mudgway Memorial Club Championships Results now posted.
Club Champions: Brett Verity | Jac Crofton
20-29: Ben Streeter | Kate Robertson
30-39: Tim Green | Jackie Crofton
40-49: Brett Verity | Tara Worby
50-59: Tony Cox | Jane Powell
60-69: Stuart Fitch
3. Macedon Trail Run, Vic, 50km
Male: Dion Finocchiaro 5:08:04 Female: Katherine MacMillan 5:56:09
Ali Croser 4th F Overall 7:34:39
4. Prague Marathon, 42.2km
Julie Boyd 3:54:44
Sunday 18 May 2014
NT Olympic Distance Championships,
1.5km swim, 40km bike, 10km run
Further information and entry details here
Note: Close of entry – midnight tonight.
1. NEEDED URGENTLY a volunteer Race Director for our Open Water Triathlon, Sunday 13 July 2014 our first for the 2014|2015 calendar. Put up your hand by email here.
2. The new calendar is taking shape. Hidden Valley will soon be out of action for an extended period – anyone have any ideas on an alternate duathlon location?
FOR SALE | WANTED | ETC:
1. FOR SALE: Surf Ski. It is stored at the Ski Club and is in great condition for $800 Contact Adrienne 0412 686 903
2. FOR SALE: Merida Juliet 100 Lady Series MTB geometry; small; make good commuter; has done minimum kms, spares bags, bidon cage. Excellent condition $450 ono Contact Di 0497 070 436
3. Send your items through for next E News asap.
1. Good to hear Col Smith is now out and about albeit slowly; Jason Cook has left his hospital bed & is recuperating down south and Hollie Goodall is back home after her knee grease and oil change.
2. 2014 Singapore International Triathlon details announced.
3. We are a gadabout lot! Just check where our members are popping up these past few weeks … Prague, Port Mac, Geneva, Macedon, Busselton, Cape Town to name a few. Now Tadek Rudz is off to Hong Kong & China although it’s for paddle power rather than pedal power.
4. Hawaii, San Francisco and Cairns will be added to the list soon. Heading away to a race or know someone who is? Let us know before you go.
5. Almost time for Belinda Townend, Kate Richardson & Zoe Radford’s team for the Gibb Challenge to face that 700km. You can still support the girls here and help them reach their fundraising target – they are so close!! Good luck.
6. Ali Croser had a damp and chilly (3 deg) start to the Macedon Trail Run before conditions improved on the mountain range. We hear Darwin got a mention in the race brief!
7. On Darwin, race commentators recognise it more than say Gunn or Lyons so we recommend you always you put your suburb as “Darwin” when entering away events (& use your normal postcode). Goes without saying to add your club if requested.
8. And a final reminder that entry for Triathlon NT’s NT Olympic Distance closes TONIGHT. Good luck to all our members racing at the weekend.
Darwin Triathlon Club