Congrats to all our members who competed in the NT Olympic Distance Triathlon on Sunday, including those who were stepping up to the distance for the first time. Great effort!
A huge thank you to Triathlon NT’s event committee headed up by Anna Goat, RD James Geddes, Dave Glass, the Blue Cycles crew and all the wonderful volunteers who helped on the day. Your efforts were much appreciated by all competitors.
1. NT Olympic Distance Championships, 15.km swim, 40km bike, 10km run
Male: Brett Verity 1:56:49 Female: Ali Fitch 2:15:05
U20: Kia King
20-24: Bernie Wilson | Kate Robertson
25-29: Ben Streeter | Hannah Johnston
30-34: Adam Hartley | Kylie Gaffel
35-39: Marcus Lisle | Jac Crofton
40-44: Aaron Trenfield | Tara Worby
45-49: Ron Griep | Angela Librio
50-54: Tony Cox | Jane Powell
55-59: Brian Gallagher | Corinne Fabian
60-64: Graeme Parsons |
65-69: Daryl Stanley |
Sunday 15 June 2014
Casuarina Beach (near Surf Club)
3.5km run | 15km bike | 2 km run
Online entry now open here
Race Director: Barry Sullivan
Registration: Stu Fitch | Ali Fitch
Fruit | Ice: Alex Wetten
1. Our scheduled committee meeting was held last night with a number of items on the Agenda. Watch your inbox for another President’s update soon.
2. The new calendar will be posted to website shortly.
3. Date Claimer: 2014 Presentation Night Dinner – Saturday 5 July 2014.
4. Thank you to those who have indicated willingness to undertake various volunteer roles. We are collating a list of skills, hope to add more names to it and we will then be in touch.
5. Due to change of circumstances, length of service and interstate moves we are soon going to have a number of vacancies on the committee. Our AGM is tentatively scheduled for 7 September 2014 and all positions will be declared vacant. We may make some interim appointments prior to the AGM, and are interested in hearing from those with the time and energy to give back to the club in the capacity of committee member and/or general volunteer.
Roles on our committee include President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Equipment Officer, Public Officer, Junior Coordinator and we are also looking for people willing to cover a multitude of tasks eg timing, permits, organiser of water safety & first aid attendance, event sanctioning to name a few.
We are throwing it open now so that you (our members) can tell us what you can help with, whether as a committee person or just generally picking up a task. Do let us know by email here. Would help with forward planning to receive your replies by end of the week. Just know that inbox will be overflowing J.
6. There are some changes to the advertised junior calendar so juniors watch for an email from coordinator Luke Hansen regarding this weekend.
7. A big thank you to Tony Cox and Robbie Weatherald who positioned our new permanent buoys in Lake Alexander recently. Going to make comparing swim times easier as well as making buoy setting a breeze.
8. Expect to see more of the Blue Cycles team at our events.
FOR SALE | WANTED | ETC:
1. FOR SALE: Zipp disk wheel (flat) $1000; Zipp 808 front $600; Zipp 404 set $1000 Contact Brett 0411 550 401
2. FOR SALE: Rear DT Swiss R450 with CycleOps power tap $700 Contact Brett 0411 550 401
3. FOR SALE: Giant Trinity Pro TT Medium (suit 175-185cm) Dura-Ace with Easton Circuit wheels $2000 Contact Brett 0411 550 401
4. FOR SALE: Giant TCRC1 Roadie Medium (suit 175-185cm) Ultegra with Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheels $800; Contact Brett 0411 550 401
5. FOR SALE: Giant OCR3 43cm kids roadie $400 Contact Brett 0411 550 401
6. FOR SALE: Surf Ski. It is stored at the Ski Club and is in great condition for $800 Contact Adrienne 0412 686 903
7. FOR SALE: Merida Juliet 100 Lady Series MTB geometry; small; make good commuter; has done minimum kms, spares bags, bidon cage. Excellent condition $450 ono Contact Di 0497 070 436
8. HOUSESITTER AVAILABLE: Reliable house sitter. Looking at longer term house sitting and can look after pets. References available. Contact Karyn 0413 310 263
9. FOR SALE: Hornet K1 Racing Kayak, very good condition, 5.2 metres, light weight and fast, best suited for paddler up to 85 kg. Superb craft for intermediate paddler. Currently set up with under stern rudder, but will include accessory to convert to rear rudder set up. Perfect for Katherine Ultra challenge. $700 Contact Michael 0405 659 524
10. Items for next E News by Sunday 9pm please.
1. Congratulations to Amy & Rowan Beggs-French who announced the arrival of their first child, daughter Imogen Rose, born on Friday. Imogen was 8lb 1oz (3.6kg) 51cm long. All doing well.
2. We sure do have wonderful people in our club. A big shout out to Rose Stephens who went back out on the course on Sunday to bring home the last finisher and RD James Geddes who kept the clock ticking until the very end.
3. A competitor was disappointed to see discarded gel wrappers out on the bike course on Sunday. I know most do, so let’s all continue to make a special effort to keep our courses tri litter free.
4. Some great efforts being put in by our mountain biking members competing in Alice Springs including Allan Stancombe who is currently top of his classification. Go Al!
5. Lots of special triathlon moments here.
6. Congrats to Brett Verity who scored a hat trick of wins on Sunday as he added 2014 to his 2012, 2013 titles. Factor in his 2001, 2002 wins and he is a five time NT Olympic Distance Champion.
7. Another five time winner of NT Olympic Distance is tri legend Brad Beven who won in 1991, 1993, 1995, 1997 and 2003.
8. Entry now open for Fannie Bay Swim 22 June 2014.
9. Entry still open for City 2 Surf 1 June 2014.
10. Loving this awesome training weather!
Darwin Triathlon Club